The evolution of complex life is an inherently multidisciplinary problem encompassing a wide range of topics, including:
- How do new levels of the biological hierarchy evolve?
- How do interactions between individual organisms contribute to complex phenotypes and behaviors?
- How do social behaviors evolve?
- How do evolutionary novelties emerge and evolve?
- How do organisms drive geochemical cycles and how do geochemical changes influence evolution?
At this conference we will bring together scientists from different backgrounds to discuss these and other important topics about one of the most salient aspects of life: the evolution of complexity.